Wildaboutexmoor was started by husband and wife team Jennie and Malcolm Wild in 2015 in response to conversations that we were having in our local teashops and pubs….Visitors to Exmoor were really struggling to find the best places to walk.. Once we got chatting we realised that the best way of enjoying the area safely, especially in your first visit, was to join us for a guided walk.
Wildaboutexmoor was started by husband and wife team Jennie and Malcolm Wild in 2015 in response to conversations that we were having in our local teashops and pubs….Visitors to Exmoor were really struggling to find the best places to walk. They had limited time but wanted to enjoy those wilder areas off the beaten track, which is what this lovely area is all about. Once we got chatting we realised that the best way of enjoying the area safely, especially in your first visit, was to join us for a guided walk.
- No worries about getting lost and ending up with a grumpy family stranded miles from the car.
- An extra bonus….Someone else to magically provide refreshments or even a delicious picnic lunch, and clear up afterwards!
- On your own? You could join us for our Group walk every Wednesday, a walking safari on Exmoor, just phone to book your place 07990 521604. £15 per head including refreshments and homemade cake.
As much or as little information as you like….
- Local history brings the area to life.
- Foraging…..learn about the incredible range of edible plants, nuts and berries available alongside every walk.
- Listen to the words of poetry and novels, right where the inspiration came from!
- Photography opportunities….we won’t rush you along.
- Flora and fauna i.d.
- Iron age hill forts
- Industrial heritage
- Or just a couple of hours gentle walking, with homemade cake or flapjack, coffee or tea for elevenses or a refreshing cordial to reward your effort whilst enjoying a stunning view.
Prices from £15 to £35 per person, depending on numbers booking, bespoke or public event.
Home cooked Picnic £15 a head, vegan and vegetarian options available.
Minimum charges apply for bespoke events.
Or for something different….
Our Nightjar evening
- A completely unique walk at dusk into the forest to track down these increasingly rare migratory birds. Join us for sundowners and an introductory chat, then we set off for a walk of approx.. one mile which takes us past the tallest tree in England, an added bonus!
We can only do this from mid June to mid August. Numbers strictly limited, £20 ahead, £10 for 10-16 years Group event 22nd July, booking essential. Bespoke bookings just for your group or family are welcome.
Exmoor Dark Sky Hub at Exford Tea Rooms
After a few years of living right in the middle of Exmoor’s Dark Sky Reserve, and investing in a rather large and infinitely interesting telescope, we launched our Night Hike and Stargazing evenings!
- The Exford Dark Skies Discovery Hub…. A night with wildaboutexmoor at the Exford Bridge Tearooms. Planetarium and barbeque in the summer with an optional walk at dusk (£10.00) into the dark skies reserve. £35 per adult, £15 under 16years. Stargazing, planetarium, night walk and telescopes and a delicious 2 course meal in the winter.£40 per adult, £20 for 10 – 16 years.
- A night hike up on to the moor in the middle of the dark skies reserve to watch the stars come out, then a meal with us at the farmhouse….a traditional roast dinner with produce from our farm, a choice of desserts and complimentary wine. Use of our telescopes toexplore deeper into space. We can seat up to 8 people. £40 a head.
- Simply stargazing….Join us for an evening stargazing with our telescopes, complimentary drinks and nibbles, and an optional night walk. £20 per adult, £15 for 10 – 16 years. You could combine this with a pub supper, once covid rules are relaxed. £95 minimum charge to make this a bespoke evening for two, then £35 a head for each additional person.
- Sundowners at Dunkery. Once a month, at the full moon, you can join us to watch the sunset from the top of Dunkery Beacon, relax whilst we chat about the stars as they come out and then ramble down to our telescopes as the full moon rises. Finish with hot drinks and refreshments whilst you explore the surface of the moon and the night sky. Group rate is £35 a head.Or make the evening your own for £95 minimum charge for two, £35 each for 3 or more.
Booking is essential for all events by email email@example.com
Or do phone us on 01643 831759
Further information on www.wildaboutexmoor.com